Sunday, September 15, 2019

Steamed Chicken Rice using the Electric Lunch Box

Made an easy steamed chicken rice with my electric lunch box.

1. Wash one cup of rice.

2. For the size of my chicken drumstick, I added about 65 ml of water into the rice. Normaly rice cooking, is one cup of rice and one cup of water but for this recipe cause I am steaming the chicken drumstick together with the rice, some moisture will be produced by the chicken drumstick as chicken stock. Depending on the size of your chicken drumstick, do not add more than 70 ml of water as the rice will be very soggy.

3. Trim off all the fats of the chicken drumstick and wash the chicken drumstick, then add handful of salt all over the chicken drumstick and placed inside the steaming bowl together with the rice.

4. Tie few stalks of pandan leaves into a knot and add some slices of ginger into the rice. (If pandan leaves are unavailable, can substitute with spring onion.)

5. Add one bowl of HOT water into the base of electric lunch box and the chicken rice will be cooked in about 30 minutes.

6. For plating, remove the pandan leaves and ginger and serve the chicken and rice on a plate and add some vegetables as side

7. For condiments, I used some dark soya sauce, ginger sauce and chilli.

8. Yummy.

Step by step video on how I cooked my steamed chicken rice using the electric lunch box.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Alice
    I am just starting to use this method of cooking and I love your recipes!
    Hope that you can show us more variety of steamed chicken dishes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the so late reply as this is inactive blog. You can view more recipes in my You Tube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q33X4vhWtJA&list=PL6jIS_z4EQXoytb-gn1oQ83QOfsxyePvV

      Delete
    2. https://www.youtube.com/@AlicesgKitchenEasyCooking

      Delete

Cooking three dishes (steamed fish, tofu and wongbok) with Bear rectangle electric lunch box

Using the Bear Rectangle electric lunch box to make three dishes (steamed fish, tofu and wongbok) Watch my video for the step by step tutori...